Community Support Worker
Canada, Ontario, BarrieCA$25 - CA$28 per hourHome Care
ABE Supports Inc. is a community-based agency that serves individuals with a wide range of special needs in Ontario and BC. We are a growing company looking for compassionate and caring individuals to join our team. Our mission is to create ethical and person-centered supports for all persons with special needs including persons with Autism (ASD), Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FASD), Down Syndrome, and Intellectual Disability.
Job Title: Community Support Worker (2022-08B)
Status: Part-Time employment
Hours: 10-30 hours per week
Location: Barrie, Alliston, Innisfil, Midland, and surrounding area
Rate: $25/Hour + 4% vacation pay + $3/Hour Pandemic Pay (if applicable)
· Support an individual with special needs (e.g., Autism) at home or in the community
· Engage with the individual while teaching different life skills (e.g., communication, independence, self-care)
· Work approximately 10-30 hours per week
- Experience: Supporting persons with special needs in a direct support role (e.g., ABA therapist, behaviour therapist, behaviour support worker, instructor therapist, respite worker, autism support professional, residential care provider, etc.)
- Education: University degree or college diploma in human services (e.g., Applied Behaviour Analysis, Behavioural Science, Early Childhood Education (ECE), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Psychology, RBT, Social Work, etc.)
- Driver’s license: valid licence and access to a reliable vehicle for traveling to support individuals with special needs in the community
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check: will be required prior to beginning employment
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination (as per Health Ministry mandate for health-care workers)
Please submit a resume with your application for consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. ABE Supports is an equal opportunity employer.
In order to promote safety during the pandemic, our employees may require access to personal protective equipment. Other measures in place to promote safety will also be discussed with suitable candidates.